In my community, we say, “If you don’t know, you better raise your hand and ask someone.” With that sage wisdom (is that a redundant term) in mind, I ask these questions about Georgia politics.
1. Is the GOP counting on young voters and Black voters not returning to the polls this year?
2. Why won’t the political parties start with the desired result and work backwards to achieve it?
3. Is the ultimate goal a better functioning America or destruction of the other parties?
4. Why won’t Michael Steele and company consider the general election when producing primary candidates?
5. Why won’t the Democrats realize that Senator Isakson can’t be beaten, not run any candidate against him and leave his sizable war chest out of the equation?
6. Would a non-contested Isakson be free to dialog now?
7. Why didn’t the GOP help Rep. Sanford Bishop become Agriculture Secretary if they seriously wanted his congressional seat? Did they forget that the Republican governor would have appointed his replacement?
8. When the ultra-conservatives say Bishop does not listen to people, are they saying that 158,000 voters are not really people?
9. Would Rep. Jim Marshall have been an easier and more logical target for Bishop’s opponent or David Scott’s opponent? Did anyone ask Newt?
10. Would Macon, Tifton and Warner Robins see GOP candidate Dr. Deborah Honeycutt and family as southern Obamas or Huxtables? Did I just go there? Is there anything cooler than a successful family?
11. Does anyone in the GOP remember that Rep. Marshall dissed (on some level) the Obama and Hillary presidential campaigns? Can’t you all see an opportunity there?
12. If any Blue Dogs gets bounced, who should it be? (Leading question…I’m just saying)
13. Would Ray McKinney or Karen Bogans do better against Rep. John Barrow than the current candidates?
14. Will the GOP produce women candidates who can reach Democrat moderate women in the general election or will tea stains be too strong? Did I just coin the term “tea stains” to describe those supported by the strong Tea Party movement who then try to secure enough “other” voters to win the general election?
15. Is Vernon Jones the Tiger Woods of Georgia politics? Would Jones make a good congressman if Rep. Johnson did not feel well? (Best Wishes to Rep. Johnson)
16. Did I tell you that Austin Scott was a bright dude who should be running for congress? Did anyone listen?
17. Is Florida senate candidate Mario Rubio the model for the smiling southern conservative candidate? Did he learn that watching Isakson? Is Rubio the next Obama?
18. Did anyone read this whole list?